The Riddler robot weighs 80 kg with stow dimensions of 730 mm x 444 mm x 440 mm (LxWxH). Riddler can be put into the boot of a car for quick or discrete transportation. Ability, size and price make Riddler a cost effective solution for smaller security and bomb disposal units.
Riddler’s primary use is security and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD). Ridder is compatible with multiple disruptors and Ridder can fire Pigstick and Hotrod disruptors without ejecting the disruptor. Additional functionality can be extended to the Riddler such as X-ray, CBRN sensors and a Riddler training simulator.
Riddler is operated via the Command Console or the Wireless Hand-Controller. The Command Console operating range is up to 1 km non-line-of-sight and 1 km + line-of-sight via MIMO MESH radio link. The Wireless Hand-Controller is ideal for loading, unloading and close-by control (up to 20 m range).
Riddler has two heavy duty tracks and an actuator driven variable angle front ramp which allow it to travel over the most difficult of terrains. Riddler can climb difficult slopes and stairs up to 45°
A plugin unit can be connected to the Command Console which turns the Command Console into a training environment with simulated onscreen scenarios responding to Command Console control. Thus Riddler can remain mission ready while the Command Console is used for training.
Strength & Speed
Riddler arm can lift 13 kg while fully extended, 19 kg half extended and 50 kg with the arm fully retracted. Riddler can carry a payload of 50 kg and reach a max speed of 6 km/h.
|Height (stowed position):||440 mm|
|Arm Degrees of Freedom||5|
|Reach:||1300 mm horizontal
2150 mm vertical
1000 mm below ground level
|Lift Capacity (arm extended):||13 kg|
|Lift Capacity (arm half extended):||19 kg|
|Lift Capacity (arm retracted)||50 kg|
|Climbing Ability:||45° incline|
|Firing Circuits||Failsafe firing circuits|
|Operating Range:||1 km built up area
1 km+ line of sight
Full technical specifications are available upon request
Download Riddler brochure
- Long range operation via the Command Console [up to 1 km non-line-of-sight]
- Operating time: up to 8 hrs [mission dependent].
- Compatible with a wide range of Distuptors.
- Multiple MESH radio options.
- CAN, Ethernet and RS232 vehicle communication ports.
- Close by operation via the Wireless Hand Controller [up to 20 m]
- Pigstick and Hotrod disrupter firing without ejecting the distruptor.
- Fail-safe firing circuit.
- 6 colour cameras as standard and 2 auxiliary camera ports.
- 5 Independent spotlights.
- All joints are protected by clutches in case of crash or fall.
- Front tracks have dampening system to protect them from crash or falls.
- Tool Changing Gripper have both power and data port.
- Rear sliding Tool-bay have both power and data port.
- Large capacity rear battery drawer can take up to 6 x BB2590.
- Manipulator arm with 5 degrees of freedom.
- Turret rotation: 360 degree continuous.
- Gripper rotation: 360 degree continuous.
- Arm lift capacity: 13 kg extended, 19 kg half extended and 50kg retracted.
- Two heavy duty tracks which allow travel over the most difficult of terrains.
- 3rd party CBRN sensors.
- Real-time X-Ray System (robot deployable).
- Reverse audio between Command Console and Riddler.
- Riddler training simulator (Plug in unit for Command Console that simulates robot in various scenarios).
- Fail-safe firing system.