Digital HOBO Upgrade
Its time to dust off your old HOBO and put it back into active service with a digital HOBO upgrade. The Digital HOBO is a complete electronics refit of the original HOBO which has been used in over 22 countries. Mechanical repairs and hydraulic replacements can also render mechanically damaged HOBOs up-gradable.
The complete electronics refit includes entirely new cabling looms, front and back lids, a rugged touchscreen command console and a lightweight rugged hand controller. Communications is via COFDM which extends the operating range to 2km+ with line-of-sight. The hydraulic actuators can also be replaced with electric actuators.
The Command Console is packed full of new useful features such as camera environment settings for improved light levels, an LCD touchscreen which works in direct sunglight and while wearing gloves, speakers which receive audio from the Digital Hobo and a key activated weapons screen with self test and diagnostic feedback
Fail-safe Firing Circuits
The Digital HOBO has four independent fail-safe firing circuits. The firing system firing sequence is initiated with a removable safety key. A five second countdown take place before firing during which a warning beacon flashes and a siren sounds.
Additional functionality can be extended to the Digital HOBO such as X-Ray, Remote Disruptor Platform (RDP) for under-car and low clearance operations, CBRN sensors and a Digital HOBO training simulator.
A plugin unit can be connected to the Command Console which turns the Command Console console into a training environment with simulated onscreen scenarios responding to Command Console control.
|Height (stowed position):||1000 mm|
|Length (stowed):||1550 mm|
|Horizontal reach:||1200 mm|
|Vertical reach||2400 mm|
|Degrees of Freedom||6|
|Lift Capacity (arm retracted):||75 kg|
|Lift Capacity (arm extended)||30 kg|
|Firing Circuits||Four failsafe firing circuits|
|Operating range:||1 km built up area
1 km+ line of sight
Full technical specifications are available upon request
Download Digital HOBO upgrade brochure
- CAN bus architecture [10 nodes]
- Quick 3 second system start
- 4 nitrogen purged cameras & 2 auxiliary camera ports
- Genlock synchronised cameras for flicker-less switching
- Fail-safe weapons module with full diagnostic feedback
- 4 independent fail-safe firing channels at 24V and 400V
- Rugged smart charger unit
- Variable speed Pan/Tilt with presets
- Nitrogen purged radio enclosures
- Transparent Ethernet bus for third party sensors
- Integration with real-time X-ray
- Up to 4 hours of operation, mission dependent
- Cable Drum (150 m) for ECM operations
- Reverse audio between Command Console and Digital HOBO
- Digital HOBO integrated CBRN sensors
- Real-time X-ray system (robot deployable)
- Digital HOBO training simulator plugin unit for the Command Console that simulates robot in various scenarios
- Electric actuators instead of hydraulic actuators
- Shotgun modified for Robot use
- Auxiliary cameras for custom views